Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver Olympics 2010



Wow, I'm so excited to finally get to watch the 2010 Winter Olympics in British Columbia. I bought some beer and popcorn to watch the opening ceremonies tonight.
I LOVE winter sports because they're so dangerous and unpredictable. It's just so exciting to watch them every four years.
I just wish it would snow!


I LOVE Canadian figure skater Patrick Chan





Wikipedia - Patrick Chan
____________________
RIP

Vancouver Olympics Lugers Death

In this frame grab taken from video provided by the IOC Media Broadcast, Georgian luge athlete Nodar Kumaritashvili loses control of his sled and crashes during a high-speed training run at the Olympic Sliding Center in Whistler, British Columbia, Friday Feb. 12, 2010. Kumaritashvili later died at a hospital and IOC president Jacques Rogge said the death hours before the opening ceremony "clearly casts a shadow over these games."
IOC Media Broadcast AP Photo